Microsoft Softwares on Rent at Very Low Cost
SPLA is a simple and cost-effective software licensing program based on pay per use model that eliminates the need for large up-front software payments and annual license fees.
Does it facilitate licensing compliance?
By acquiring SPLA, you meet the compliance requirements as per Microsoft.
1. Competitive Pricing: SPLA pricing incorporates Software Assurance (Microsoft’s new maintenance offering) in providing Service Providers with the most current versions of the products available in the SPLA Program for one simple monthly price
2. Pay only for what you use : With SPLA, you pay as you deploy, and only for what you deploy. In essence treating software as a pay-as-you-go service. This benefit can help the Service Provider with the following:
a. Helps build flexibility in your software costs and accelerate your profitability.
b. Makes software costs transparent, allowing you to treat software as operating cost rather than capital cost.
3. Cash Flow Management : Service Providers have near zero start-up costs, since you only pay for licenses based on what you used, to provide services each month.
4. Latest software versions : Your SPLA provides you access to the latest versions of Microsoft software at convenient price points.
5. Global Service Delivery: Deliver services to your customers around the world without licensing limitations.
7. Switch Licensing Models: You have the flexibility to switch between the 2 licensing model (Per User or Per CPU) from one month to the next.
8. End Customers Licensed : End customers receiving services deployed by a Service Provider is not required to obtain their own Microsoft software licenses, because they have the right to directly or indirectly interact with functionalities of Microsoft software through the Service Provider’s SPLA licenses.
What about start up costs and upgrades ?
Near zero start-up costs as the users pay only for the licenses that are used each month. The price quoted for SPLA licenses covers the cost of all upgrades, if any, and provides customers with the right to use the current as well as the previous versions of the relevant Microsoft products.
Are the licensing options flexible?
All Microsoft software products in the Service provider Licensing program are licensed either in per user mode or per processor mode. The service provider can switch licensing mode from month-to-month.
What about Software Assurance?
Each license comes with software assurance granting access to the most current version of Microsoft software products for one monthly price.
What are the licensing options under the SPLA program ?
- Per User (Subscriber Access License)
- Per Processor (CPU License)
The service provider has the flexibility to shift licensing mode from one month to another
Subscriber Access License (SAL)
In per user mode, a SAL is required for each user who is authorized to use the software in any given month. Not all products are licensed in the SAL Mode.
- The user can access any number of servers from any number of devices
- Unlimited server deployment
- Minimum start-up costs since the service providers pay based upon the number of subscribers they have each month
Per Processor License
Under this model, unlimited number of users can utilize the software running on a single processor for each processor license. Some products are not available to be licensed in the Processor mode.
- Easy to monitor and count that reduces the service provider’s administrative costs
- Replaces Internet Connector licenses, eliminating the need to distinguish between Internet, intranet, and extranet users
- Cost-effective across a variety of business scenarios where the utilization of the software may vary